.

The Mommy Detective - cracking the code on your family's drama.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Precious Pointer #4 Life must be fair

Precious Pointer #4
Life must be fair
At least in your home!

Children do not respond to the old saying do as I say – not as I do. If it’s wrong for them to yell, then it must be wrong for you. If they can’t lie, neither can you. And…if they catch you doing something you shouldn’t, you should apologize –accept punishment and teach them that breaking the rules is wrong at any age.  If rules aren't fair children will always question them and they lose their importance.  It would be confusing to anyone no matter what age if the rules kept changed just because you kept breaking them. 

I once let my son put me on restriction because I broke a rule. It was a great way to help him understand that I was committed to being a fair parent and that our only goal was to live by “truth”.

Seeking His Wisdom,
 
Debbie

No comments: