.

The Mommy Detective - cracking the code on your family's drama.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NEWS ALERT !!!

Check back later this evening for Class 3 in our "Principles of Parenting" class.

For now....I have a huge NEWS ALERT !!!

Your job as parent just got harder.  Today Harper Collins announced plans to release a new social app on the i-pad.

"The apps makes it possible for readers to share their highlighted text from a book on Twitter or Facebook, along with their comments, related photos and videos. Private groups can also be created for more of a book-club feel.  The first book to become socialized in this manner will be the Bible (published by HarperCollins). In this way, the Bible could be illustrated with depictions from paintings and other art, as well as video clips from Biblical movies."Bible as a social book

This means that you will have to be very involved in "where" your child gets their information about God's word.  You will also need to save all those old Bibles.  One word change or a sentence that's dropped can totally change the meaning of the scriptures we've studied so carefully. 

I'm thinking we need to start more scripture learning clubs in churches like "Bible Quiz teams".  Our church promotes this and the teams actually compete across the state. 

Knowing the intent and the actual scripture has saved me many times from getting in trouble.  I pray tonight that you will consider Psalms 119 very carefully.

Verses 1-11 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD.  Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.  They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways.  You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed.  Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees!  Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands.  I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.  I will obey your decrees; do not utterly forsake me.


How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.  I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Make sure you help your child "Hide God's word in his heart that he might not sin against God!"

Seeking His Wisdom,
 
Debbie

No comments: